Si estás buscando hostal/hotel donde quedarte mientras buscas piso, mira nuestros partners que ofrecen descuentos por ser estudiante de intercambio. Click aquí.
If you are looking for hostel/hotel where to stay while you search for a flat, check our partners who offer discounts for exchange students. Click here.
International students usually find a place to stay in the center of Madrid or near one of the university campus (Getafe, Leganes and Colmenarejo). Prices in the center of Madrid tend to be more expensive than one of these places. To have a main idea:
Shared apartment near campus: around 250-300€ aprox. per month and person
Shared apartment in the center of Madrid: 350-450€ aprox. per month and person
UC3M knows how important is for international students to find a suitable housing where to live during their stay with us. Please, feel free to contact [email protected] to any kind of information you may need.
In the meantime, find below some of the most common options:
1. UC3M Residence dorms:
If you want to live near the campus and share your daily life with regular UC3M students, please check the following rates depending on the room you want:
- Twin room: 835,92€ per month and person
- Single room: 1.003,32€ per month and person
- Room for disable people: 627,48€ per month and person
(8% VAT included)
This price includes:
- Full board for the whole week at the UC3M Residences canteens.
- Bathroom (shower+ wc+ washbasin)
- Cleaning of the room twice a month
- Free Wi-fi
- 24 hours reception service
- UC3M Residence dorms has the right of closing during special vacation (Christmas, Easter Break, Summer time…)
If you are interested in booking a room, please contact the following people:
- Getafe Residence dorm: [email protected].
- Leganés Residence dorm: [email protected]
- Colmenarejo Residence dorm: [email protected]
Due to the high demand of booking a room at one of our UC3M residence dorm, we can not guarantee a place for all of you. So the sooner you contact them, the better chance of obtaining a room you will have!
More private Residences dorms near Getafe and Leganes Campus at:http://www.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/servicios_jovenes/accommodation/other_residences
2. Most common Spanish websites to find an apartment:
- UC3M “Aloja” program: It is a database created by UC3M and offered to those UC3M students looking for accommodation in Madrid. You need to be logged in to access detailed information:http://www.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/servicios_jovenes/accommodation
- Other websites: If you prefer to search on your own where to live in Madrid, there are several web pages often used by Spanish people to find new roommates, offer or share an apartment…Have a look at:
- You can also find more websites by searching on google “piso compartido/alquiler pisos…”
We advise you not to pay anything before your arrival and after having checked that everything is fine. It is also advisable to sign a contract with the landlord of the apartment.
In the case you have problems with the renting of your apartment, you can always ask for special support at the Instituto de la Vivienda de Madrid:
3. Housing Agencies (partnered with UC3M):
They can help you with all the process of finding a room in Madrid. Recommended if you want to live with a Spanish family:
4. Hostals in Madrid:
Check our partners, who offer discounts when booking in their hotels or hostals:
5. Post something on our Facebook group! You may find someone else looking for new flat mates:
ESN UC3M Team